Phantom Limb Pain Research Study
Are you still experiencing post-amputation pain after treatment?
Researchers do not know the exact cause of post-amputation pain. In order to help, local research doctors are conducting a clinical research study to test an investigational treatment method for post-amputation pain.
If you have an unilateral amputated lower limb with phantom limb pain and have resistance to pain medications, you may qualify for this clinical research study.
In order to qualify for their study, participants must:
- Be at least 21 years old or older
- Have an unilateral amputated limb for at least 12 months
- Have chronic post-amputation pain (persistent over 6 months) and resistant to pain medications
- Have frequent and recurring pain defined as no less than 4 episodes of pain per week
- Have typical pain episodes that last no less than 60 minutes
Study-related care and medication will provided at no cost to qualified participants. Compensation may be given to enrolled participants for time and travel.